Sunday, April 26, 2009

Latest Art Work

This is the original. It is taken from the mast-head of my sister's blog, A Patchwork Quilt Made by Design

(Do visit her blog, she is a much better photographer than I -- though we have decided the camera has something to do with it!)


This is my copy.




This is a little out of season. I have had the photograph for months but kept doing only a little bit at a time. It was very hard to do. This is the original:




This is my attempt to copy.


My copy of the Logan Memorial Church on Chuuk, Micronesia, is still pending. I am about half way through, but need several hours at a time of great concentration, so I decided to wait until my sister leaves before I finish it.

9 comments:

Cherdecor said...

These are such lovely pictures. Quilting is big here in Lancaster County.

Jose said...

Love them as always.

kaybee said...

My photos may be (slightly) better than yours, but not my artwork! But I am learning (from you) -- and hopefully you will get a better camera!!

claude said...

You are very talented, Chris !

Unknown said...

These are very good, I like them both!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I think you did a great job! Beautiful.

claude said...

Sure, the deer I shot seems puple mais I think it is so because it was on early in the morning. No sun and a litlle bit fog.
If you watch the pheasant once more, you can see the colours are not the same because the sun shone.

Ken said...

I like your interpretation of the photos.
So, if you are using your husband's camera does that mean he gets a new one? ;)

sandy said...

I enjoyed seeing your art Chris, nice job! Also enjoyed reading about your "fun" with your sis, wow those flower fields are gorgeous!