Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Z is FOR

Z is for Zephyr
 which is a poetic word for a light cooling gentle breeze, usually from the west.  
But since you can't see a zephyr...

...Remember this poem?... 

"Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I,
 but when the trees bow down their heads,
 the wind is passing by."

So I have reworked these words  so that you can see a ZEPHYR:


"Who has seen the wind?  Neither you nor I,
But when the clouds have wispy curls
the wind is passing by."  

And then there is ...Z is for ZINNIAS


 Sorry they are not real, but are pretty enough to decorate a corner on the bathroom counter of my house.

***

And this one is not Z is for anything, but just a quick shot I took today.

 

This is only the second day of sunshine we've had for nearly two months, so the dogs at the local kennels all took advantage of the shade.  Of course as soon as I got out of the car and went to to the fence to take the picture, they all got up and ran to the fence barking at me and I had to wait until the kennel man got them settled.  Even so a couple of them didn't go back to sit in the shade.  I thought it was so funny because everyone has been complaining about the dull, dull weather we have been having and the first sunny day we get everyone has to sit in the shade.  Temps were about eighty today, -- high sixties last week and weeks before that!
***
Went to see my cats at the shelter today, the first time for two weeks because of my vertigo.  Did quite well.  We had about fifteen kittens in there today and I know at least one of them was adopted today.
Felt good about that because I had spent about 20 minutes with him playing and cleaning up his condo just before the family came in to choose their kitten.
Kittens are so messy!!  Kitti-litter and kibble scattered all over, and if their dish is near the front, the kibble is all over the floor of the room.  Which it was today.

Photos of kittens another day. 

14 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Great post for the Z word! So glad there are others out there who care about the animals who've been abandoned for whatever reason! Thank you for what you do! Hope your week is going well!

Sylvia

Autumn Leaves said...

It just always breaks my heart to see animals at a shelter. I wish there were hearts and homes enough for all of them. Thank you to people like you who can give them special attention, Chris.

Mara said...

You are so right: the first bit of sun and everyone sits in the shade! I hardly get out of the house with temperatures up to 30 degrees Celsius: way too hot...

Roger Owen Green said...

It's going to be hot here in Albany, NY USA today - over 86F/30C - and humid to boot.

Godd take on the theme. glad your vertigo's a little better.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Anonymous said...

glad you are able to be back with your cats....encouraging for you assuming this means you are feeling much better! We are having cold wet weather - so unusual for here but I am assuming when it warms up again people will complain about that!!!! Can't win.....

Tumblewords: said...

Ah, a beautiful photo of the sky w/zephyr! And I love all zinnias, regardless of reality...Good Z's.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. If I was there I would have to fight with Patty, but I think I would go home with a dog.

You could share a recipe on my blog about recipes. It is getting some magazine coverage I am not at liberty to talk about just yet.

Do you have a homemade recipe you would share with our readers? No, you don't have to be fat to share them.

Fat Lady Recipes

photowannabe said...

Happy your vertigo is better and you are back cuddling kittens.
2 months of gray would make me bonkers.

Patty said...

Glad you're getting a little sunshine. Makes the days so much nicer. Great photo of the dogs at the shelter sitting in their little corner of the shade. Thanks for your visits.

Morning's Minion said...

Encouraging news that you are well enough to spend time with the cats and kittens. What heart stealers they are.

claude said...

Very good choice for Z, Chris !
Beautiful paintings and I love the bird shop.

jabblog said...

Lovely Z post. Zephyr is a wonderful word, I think.
When will people ever get the message about responsible pet ownership? It's heartbreaking to see so many abandoned animals and unwanted litters - thank goodness for you and people like you.

mrsnesbitt said...

Zephyr - our first bike together was a kawasaki 1100 Zephyr! We travelled to France on it in 2000! Gosh, 10 years ago, how time flies when you are having fun!
Thanks so much - hope to see you in Round 7!
Denise
ABC Team

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

even the dogs feeling the heat, wow.