Since we have all been racking our brains for ‘Q’ words this week, how about a quiz with answers that begin with Q? Not too hard, but not too easy either. How many can you get right?
1. If you are really hot and thirsty, you might take a good_________of lemonade.
2. “Jack be nimble, Jack be ________.”
3. A female breeding cat is called a _________
4. Those young men who attend university in British novels (and real life) might take a quick turn around the __________. (Extra credit if you can give its full name).
5. Twenty-four sheets of paper is known as a
_________. (This is a good scrabble word!)
6. An archer keeps his arrows in a ___________.
7. Whether to put the period before or after parentheses keeps me in a ________. (So I may do
either, depending on my mood. It is different in the
UK from the US.)
8. Here’s a good British word for a lineup___________.
9. A frail, feeble or complaining person may speak in a ___________ voice.
10. Elvis Presley can be recognized by this 1950’s hairstyle.
1.Quaff 2.Quick 3.Queen 4.Quad or quadrangle 5.Quire 6.Quiver 7.Quandary 8.Queue 9.Querulous 10.Quiff
This is my entry for Mrs. Nesbitt's project ABC WEDNESDAY. She and her team have kept this alive for 9 rounds of the alphabet. Join us for some fun. Click on the link in the line above to see more QUIRKY entries.