Tuesday, October 2, 2012

L O V I N ' I T !!

AT  LAKE  POWELL !

           After the wedding, (see post on Sept. 7th) we all jumped in the lake.  Yes, me too!

I can't swim but with a noodle and another floaty thing to make me stretch out my arms (too much weight in the wrong places!) I stayed in the water almost two hours  on both days.

Looking through these pictures I realized I was 25-30 years older than everyone else.  What was I doing there?....in 40 foot of water!  Having fun, that's what.  The floaty thing was actually a chair you could sit in -- I didn't -- but we were running out of floaty things and it  was easy to hold onto.
The happy couple.


The brother of the groom -- the YOUNGER brother -- (someone tell him to shave off his beard!) and his first lady.

Pictures of the fabulous lake coming up one day soon.  It was gorgeous.  The air temp was about 95 degrees and the water temp just a tad warmer.

This is my ABC entry for the Letter 'L' , -- the Lovely, Limpid, Liquid Lake Powell. For more of ABC Wednesday entries initiated by Mrs. Nesbitt and courageously continued by Roger, please click HERE


19 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Must say that was very brave for a non swimmer.
Jane x

Kay G. said...

Hey, go jump in a lake!
That used to be what we would say to each other as kids...but you really did. Good for you!
I LOVED those photos from Lake Powell, the background looked just like the Western movies by the director, John Ford.
Yes, please, more photos!!

Lisa said...

Oh that looks like a lot of fun! Who cares how old you are?! Sounds like a fun "reception"!

Wanda said...

Woo Hoo...love those pictures Chris. Wish we could do that at Lake Tahoe..but it's much too cold.

You are brave, and looks so happy having so much family fun!!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

2 hours in the water, that must b fun with the noodle.

Roger Owen Green said...

LOUNGING about LOOKS like fun

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

photowannabe said...

Ah, the limpid Liquid of the Lake.
Great shots and when its that hot one needs to jump into the Lake...noodle and all.

Leslie: said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad you all had a great time.

Leslie
abcw team

MorningAJ said...

Well done! I learned to swim four years ago and now I love it. Will you stick with your new-found love of being in the water?

Luna Miranda said...

being in the water is simply divine! i'm not a good swimmer myself but i snorkel from 20-50 feet. as long as i have a life vest.:p

Mara said...

It sounds like you had a great couple of days. And I do agree about the beard, but then again, I have something against beards!

Lmkazmierczak said...

Looks like a good time had by all♫♪

Ann said...

The liquid lake looks lovely. I really enjoy floating and using the noodle too. Looks like you had so much fun.
Ann

Gattina said...

You look happy like a fish in the water, I didn't know that you call this yellow thing "noodle" we use it in acqua gym and call it sausage, lol !

Reader Wil said...

A very beautiful and lovely post! You are brave enough to jump into the lake. Great idea to float on those "noodles".
Thanks for your visit. You asked me about the early inhabitants in my country. Well, we had all kind of tribes like the Celts, the Franks and Saxons lateron. The Romans were just as long here as in Great Britain. The Vikings didn't settle here, they only came to kill and to rob the people. They did settle in France( William the Conqueror was a Viking). They also settled in Britain. There are many Viking words in the English language, like mail, which is derived from "mål" (Norwegian for speech). When the Vikings started to speak people only knew that they had to pay, and they called it black mail.
English is a very interesting language, isn't it?!

Carver said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I like beards so I wouldn't be one to suggest he shave it off. Carver. ABC Wed. Team

Chubskulit Rose said...

Relaxing photos to see!

Catching up with ABC. Got busy the past couple of days and just now have the time to visit entries.

Leaping Chipmunk
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

snafu said...

looks like fun, you all seem to be having a great time. We passed close to there last year on our way to Monument Valley.

claude said...

Hi Chris !
That is the good life, Chris !
IN the Salt Lake in Utah no need any floating thing, you float.
I visited Lake Poweel, wonderful place !