Tuesday, April 23, 2013

O IS FOR...

The 'gi-normous' Garage Sale is over ! 
It took us a week longer than we anticipated to get it all together.  Poor Moth was up at the Old house preparing it every day, all day, for two weeks.  We had the help of two very garage-sale-savvy ladies, who worked harder than I ever worked in my whole life!  Cheers and bucketsful of gratitude to Carole and Laurie without whom we'd still be muddling our way through for the next month. 

We had stuff all over the driveway, next door's driveway, our front yard, inside the garage, part of the back yard and the whole of the living room. Thank goodness the weather was perfect.
Oh my!  It would have been a lot more fun if we hadn't been so exhausted!!!

But the important thing is that we made more than enough to cover the moving costs -- and we made some people really happy, like the newly married couple who bought our sofa and couldn't get over how clean it was; and the man who bought our large pair of binoculars from the sixties, and a camera buff who bought Moth's old Agfa camera not to mention countless others who saw things they wanted.

This is my entry for ABC WEDNESDAY  Overseen by Mrs. Nesbitt and Roger Owen Green and assisted by several Other talented participators.  Please do take a look at all the Original entries for this week, now in its 11th round.  See you next week!  CLICK HERE

14 comments:

Richard Lawry said...

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz
An Arkies Musings

photowannabe said...

Welcome back to blogland...
I'm so glad the sale was so successful.
I remember ours 6 years ago when we moved. Didn't think we would ever recover...but we did and it was all worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

Oh so happy for you ~ great post for O ~ ^_^

Leslie: said...

Gosh, sure glad it all worked out and you're back at it.

Leslie
abcw team

Morning's Minion said...

I've never had a yard salfe, though surely I should have done before we left WY--in the middle of snowbound February.
I'm glad for you that the upheaval of the move is behind you. You can settle in now and start to enjoy your new neighborhood and your little house.

Hildred said...

You inspire me, - I have a garage that needs to be turned into a garage SALE and many old and insteresting tools in. Really old!

Roger Owen Green said...

gotta say I'm exhausted just THINKING about how much work that had to be...
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Nanka said...

Over and out and now time to bring in the new!! :)

My O - Open School

Ann said...

Congratulations on your over the top successful sale!! Sounds like all your hard work paid off.
ann

Carver said...

I know it must be a huge relief. I'm happy for you. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Reader Wil said...

Thanks for your excellent O words! A garage sale is a real phenomenon in the Netherlands.It's a great idea to get rid of the things one cannot use anymore.
Thanks for your comment. I agree with you: a monarchy is better than a republic with a president, who changes every four or five years. Provided that the monarchy is stable and behaving correctly.It's like a flag and the national anthem.
Well I wish you a happy time in your new home!
Wil, ABCW Team.

claude said...

For not a longtime in France we can do the same. I think I'll do that to empty my mom's house. She left it to enter in a resthome.

snafu said...

Unlike many things imported here from the USA, the Garage sale has not really taken off. What we do have is a Car Boot sale (boot = trunk in some almost-English-speaking countries) where you rent a space in a field or open space for a nominal fee and set up a table or tent, to keep the rain off. (I am talking England here) In this way you do not show off all your junk to your immediate neighbours, unless they follow you to the car boot sale. Other than that there are endless charity shops willing to take your stuff, leaving you with the feel good sense of doing something good, but you will stay broke that way :)

mrsnesbitt said...

Loved this Chris - seemed everybody featured gained from your move....so ethical eh? FAB!