Friday, October 15, 2010

55 Flash Fiction Friday



Flash fiction done in 55 words is hosted by Mr. Knowitall

"I know I'm a perfectionist," Elena said to her husband as they approached the doctor's office, "but I'm not that bad."
"Let's see what the doctor says," answered her husband.
The consultation began.  Then summing up the situation the doctor said, "You know, Elena has always given 110%."
"No way" she interjected quickly, "I give150%!"


I joined this challenge a week or so ago and didn't realize that I was so close to a temporary computer absence.  So this is only my second offering.  But I will be back again right after Thanksgiving.

More Details to come.

12 comments:

MorningAJ said...

They say you should always write about what you know ;)

Excellent story. And we'll miss you while you're away.

jabblog said...

Excellent! Enjoy your break and particularly Thanksgiving :-)

Hootin Anni said...

A perfect addition to our reading enjoyment 55s. Hope to see you soon. And your computer absence will be 'fixed' in no time!

My 55 is a double whammy this week, two for the price of one. Of course, as always, you need to scroll down below my Friday's Show n Tell.

The link is HERE I'd love to have you stop by for a visit.

Brian Miller said...

ha. fun 55...sometimes it is easier to see in others the problems...

snafu said...

I find it difficult to limit a comment to fifty words, let alone write a story. You score 110% with that one. By the way my last comment was referring to the Welsh griffon being on the left not as you said on the right. Sorry I was always pedantic.
For Morning AJ, my anti spam word today is crunised. A good one for her collection.

Jannie Funster said...

Ha! Sounds like me and my hubby! :)

Nice to meet you via G-Man!!

gautami tripathy said...

At least she isn't 300%!

extraction

Alice Audrey said...

Even if she does say so herself, eh? LOL. Good one.

moondustwriter said...

I think she gave 155%

a great 55

we will miss you
Happy Thanksgiving we will be waiting Chris

Moon hugs

ChrisJ said...

Mornin'AJ: How did you guess?!!

G-Man said...

Chris...
Thanks for playing before your hiatus.
Excellent 55 My Friend.
Have a Kick Ass Trip....G

Wanda said...

Very excellent read!