Monday, January 3, 2011

And so it goes...

Throughout all this rain we have been having --yes, it's STILL raining -- our Jade Bushes having been blooming their little hearts out -- and so have our Hibiscus bushes.  The latter has been full of buds and blooms. Apparently we are going to have a few dry days this week but the ground is going to take a long while to dry out.

These are my latest paintings, done in the last week of December.  "Rajah' was done for Wanda's Art Challenge and the other one, "A Street in Mexico"  I took from a fridge magnet which was quite a bit smaller than my rendition and SO neatly and precisely painted.

Both of these were done in Prisma Color pencils.

 The original of this is done on Bristol Board and is 4" X 4"


"A Street in Mexico"  4" X 2 1/2"

I have updated my blog Chris J Art Gallery with the last 6 months of my art work.  You can follow the link highlighted above if you wish to see more.

******
I saw Peg-Leg (our California Towhee) about 2 weeks ago, but haven't seen him since.  He had a tail feather drooping, so I'm not sure he is still OK, but he has lasted for over a year, even with only one leg.


See you tomorrow!


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That blossom is so delicate and beautiful, Chris; I don't think I've seen anything like that before.

I do hope Peg Leg is ok... x

snafu said...

That tiger is too real, I feel nervous about the way it is looking at me. The Mexican scene must have been very detailed, you have put a lot into your version. Nice pictures.
I once had a one legged wood pigeon living around my house and he was there for many years. Small birds often only live about five years, so your Peg Leg may have had his four score and ten bird years.

Morning's Minion said...

You have a gift for showing "cat eyes"--so realistic. Re your peg-legged bird: its so easy to get "attached" to a wild creature who visits--and then it disappears someday--I recall a lame fox who hobbled around one of our lots in WY for most of the year we spent living there.

Wanda said...

I love your Tiger, and he is already posted on my Art Blog. The street in Mexico is really nice. All the details and perspective. I love that we can get inspiration for art everywhere...even a frig magnet!

Love and Hugs
W~