"Every good and perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of Lights. with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning."
Since this week, ABC Wednesday's letter is the letter 'E', I decided to take a verse beginning with 'E' for my Wednesday's Word on Thursday. It was one that came readily to mind, so I decided to check off my own list of good and perfect gifts that come from the Father.
1. My world of blogging. Yes, a gift, because it has found me friends, kept my mind active and keeps me busy. After retirement I honestly wondered what I would do with all the time on my hands. Blogging is one of the things I do.
2. My artwork. I never realized that I could draw and paint until after I retired. There is a great sense of accomplishment when I complete a picture, even if it isn't good enough for the Smithsonian!
3. My Ladies Bible Study -- a group of about 20 of us who meet to study the Bible every week. I love it and I love them. We all have so much in common, not the least of which is studying God's Word and learning how to apply it to our every day lives.
4. Feeding the birds and watching birds. I have done this since my days in college, but now I can just sit out on the patio and watch the back yard birds and any unexpected visitors. I'm going to participate in a national Back Yard Bird Count next week.
5. My cats at the shelter. Of course you knew I would include them. It is a most rewarding past-time. Last Saturday 25 animals were adopted. Then yesterday we had eight new kittens brought in -- very young ones. Three of them had the spots of the Bengalese cats and two had blue eyes and silver stripes. They were scared to death and now it is my job (and others') to make them comfortable and happy. I am a CAT SOCIALIZER.
These are some of the most unexpected gifts God has given me as I have been "put out to pasture".
What is God doing unexpectedly in your life? He is good and He is perfect -- and He is the greatest GIFT.