So here we are again, meeting for coffee with our other blogging friends and sharing our hidden secrets.
This week we are to tell ten random things we have never done. Mine tend to fall into two categories: Things I wish I had done but haven't, and things I haven't done and I have no idea why.
1. I have never petted a real live lion or tiger and I really wish I had. It may not be too late for that, but I have looked into it.
2. I never learned to swim and I wish I had. Sometimes I dream that I'm swimming and it feels wonderful. But I just couldn't put my head under water without panicking and now I have vertigo on and off that even standing in water makes me dizzy.(But I can still enjoy the jaccuzzi).
3. I've never been on a canal boat vacation and I wish I had because I think I would really enjoy being out in the fresh air and on the water surrounded by the British countryside.
4. I would love to have raised and trained one of those Canine Companions dogs! Can't do that now, they're too big and heavy for me, but they are wonderful creatures.
5. This is one of those in between things. I have never held a snake. I probably would if I were put on the spot because I don't greatly dislike them (not as much as spiders or roaches). I have had plenty of opportunity to hold them as my sons kept snakes as pets for quite a number of years, but it's not something I would necessarily choose to do.
6. Here's a weird one in the "I have no idea why" category. I have never worn blue jeans. I must be the only person in the US to be able to say that. I do wear jeans, just not blue jeans or denims.
7. I have never been to Washington DC. I've seen so much of it on TV that if I were given the choice I would probably opt for a city like Vienna or St. Petersburg instead. But above all I would rather visit the Tyrol in northern Italy. I'm not big on cities.
8. I have never had a manicure -- or a pedicure. It's just one of those things that has never occurred to me.
9. I have never slept outside in the snow in a sleeping bag. My youngest son has, but it's not something I would do!
10. I have never smoked a cigarette. My mother smoked heavily when I was younger and I hated the tobacco smoke in my face. So I was never even tempted to smoke.
In addition to the ten things above, we have been asked to share what we do to prepare for the coming cold weather.Well, we don't do much because our cold weather is not very cold. We might check the gutters but since not a lot of our trees shed their leaves, that isn't a big job. My husband will check the furnace and probably change the filter. I will perhaps take a walk around the back yard to see if there is anything we have left out that might be affected by rain, because we get next to no rain from April to October. I also will check through my light sweaters or jackets to see that they are still in good condition. I don't own a coat.
And that's about it.
Join us by clicking on the button below. The more the merrier. Come and hear other people's hidden secrets.