Friday, August 30, 2013

MY TOWN SHOOT-OUTS

COLORFUL CARLSBAD

Jacaranda Trees to be found everywhere during May and June

Ice plant, simply vibrant with color, growing densely and compactly along side freeways, around Legoland and around homes

  Peacocks -- forty of them at the Leo Carrillo Ranch

This might be a lantana, but I've only been noticing it lately so have to find out its name, but it blooms most of the summer to the great joy of the bees.

Bougainvillea, blooms for many months and sometimes during the winter.

The photo I really should show you is the one of our beautiful flower fields, full of varieties and colors of Ranuculus, but I just can't find it among all my photos, yet I know it is there.  Just the result of my bad filing system, which has been a 'learn as you go' process from when I first started with computers.

This is my submission for week's My Town Shoot-outs.  To see more photos of towns all over the world please click HERE


12 comments:

Wanda said...

Lovely, lovely.

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers and some great shots. Love the bougainvillea. I have had them but only in the hottest of summer. Not a good climate here for those.

kaybee said...

I'm so HOMESICK!

GingerV said...

The lice plant is great, I've never seen it before. Good choice.

GingerV said...

The lice plant is great, I've never seen it before. Good choice.

Jama said...

Just beautiful!

Barb said...

That jacaranda is amazing and I love the peacock, too. Nice selection for your color shots.

jabblog said...

Brilliant colours - a feast for the eyes.

Ruth Kelly said...

Flowers for the soul. Lovely.

snafu said...

Fantastic tree, that is the first time I have seen one in bloom. Pity they cannot stand our winters over here.

sandy said...

Looking forward to if you find your ranniculus - i love them.

Enjoyed your town shoot outs.

Pauline said...

Ahh, the jacarandas and bougainvilleam - the colours of my childhood. I'm feeling quite homesick, now!