Tuesday, December 29, 2009

After Christmas Cheer


SOMEONE had a nice Christmas!
Fat, full and fire warmth.




My Christmas / Birthday present! Totally unexpected! As you can see it has 10X zoom, which is what I wanted for taking bird photos. So here are some test shots:

Mom and Pop House finch, taken from the kitchen window.




The Jade plant is beginning to flower. Such beautiful star-like flowers, a delicate pink and quite tiny, but the macro works well.


Grass shadows. I've said before that I like grasses, well these are against the back of our house. Can you tell the real from the shadows? Sorry about the date, I thought I had turned it off. Have to go back and check.

WEDNESDAY"S WORDS:
"But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves" James 1:22
The world is full of people who love to say what's right and what's wrong. In our complex world, so full of different opinions and beliefs, how can we know what is right and what is wrong? For me, there is only one place I can go to find the truth, -- the Bible. Jesus says, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life". I go to Him for what is truth, and since He is the Word, -- the Bible, His Word, is where I find truth, peace and comfort for these troublesome times. Then I try to be a 'doer' of the Word so that I can make some difference to someone or something while I am here.



10 comments:

Carmen said...

Lucky lady! Nice camera! I would like to borrow your cat...I don't have one and he looks cuddly. Like your Wednesday's words too...Happy New Year!!

Rune Eide said...

Congratulation with the Christmas past (and the present!) - give my regards to Barry!

Happy New Year!

Gillian Mowbray said...

What a lovely pressie. The worst part about getting new techie stuff is learning how to use it! Looks like you've mastered it though. Lovely images. x

Cherdecor said...

SNA-ZEEEE! I love the pictures of the birds and the blurred background. Alan says that my camera can do that, but I am having difficulty mastering a CLEAR picture!

claude said...

What a wonderful gift, Chris, a New camera !
Cool the cat's life !
HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Anne Vis said...

What a precious cat shot! :-) Warming and heartwarming! :-) Happy New Year!

Morning's Minion said...

Bailey looks utterly content. I hope he is well over his sniffles.

kaybee said...

Ah...such contentment -- Bailey, I mean. But I am sure YOU are more than content with your new Christmas gift! Awesome photos, Chris!

Mari said...

Hi Chris! Glad you came to visit me from Cheryl's blog. Your camera looks wonderful and I love the photo's you've already taken!

Gill - That British Woman said...

great photos, so nice and clear. Where's your snow..LOL

Gill in a snowy Canada