Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Part of My Day

 FRAMED!


 I finished this up today. I copied it from a photograph I took when I was up in Boise last Easter.  He was very cute. The  reflecting blue sky  with  the branches  in the window was a true blue. (ATC 3 1/2 x 2 1/2")



"Aren't you going to feed me, Mom?"

We have one cat who is seriously hooked on tuna juice!  He is doing much better, but is still sneezing a lot.  He seems to have this permanently worried look on his face whenever I make a move to go into the kitchen. (Note the empty dish!) All the work we went to, to get him to lose five pounds last year is quickly going down the drain --  and we still have another 5 days of medication!


WEDNESDAY'S WORDS
Romans 5:8 God demonstrates His own love toward us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died on behalf of us.
President Obama said it in Copenhagen this week: "There is evil in the world".
Other presidents have openly acknowledged that fact. To take this statement even further, we have to say that behind the evil is mankind.  That is not at all popular to say today, but the fact is that it is man who has caused the evils that exist in our world.  In spite of our good intentions, our determination to be tolerant, our decisions to make this world a better place, we continue to do evil.  We may not be terrorists or murderers, but in our own way and in our weakest times, we as individuals do evil -- all of us. 
            There is no solution to it but to start over. It starts with you and I letting God make us over. When the time of this world is over, God will make a New World and finally we will be able to say that mankind is good.   We 'made over' sinners will occupy the New Earth that God is preparing for us and once again everything will be good in His sight -- and ours too.

I did intend to continue my Wednesday's Words regularly, but with going away, the days slipped by.  So now we are back on track again.





8 comments:

claude said...

Nice painting, Chris. Happy to read Bailey feels better.
Give him a from me.
I want to tell you that my friends'son is better and now out of death. He came home for Thanksgiving before having a new surgery and I think he will be at home for Christmas.

Gillian Mowbray said...

Very cute ATC, Chris. Bailey looks so sad - has he forgiven you for deserting him yet?

Anne Vis said...

Beautiful cat and beautiful painting!

sandy said...

Oh, that is so darlingly cute! I think I made a new word. Great job on that critter.

kaybee said...

Poor Bailey -- he looks so sad.

I especially love this Wednesday's Word: "...in our own way, and at our weakest times...." So true!

claude said...

I embroided the pansies and sewes the small perfumed cushion. Yesterday i finish another one I will show too. I like to crochet and to embroid.

Rune Eide said...

If ever a cat looked like a cocker spaniel, this one does! Who can resist it? Or the squirrel?

Anonymous said...

The cat looks like he is hungry, nearly starving. Just like our whopping 18 pound baby kitty who is also known as the black panther.