Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Unthinkable and the Imaginative

 The Imaginative....


Sheep in the Valley

I did this almost entirely from imagination.  The sheep I must confess I looked at a birthday card that came to me this week.  This was begun as an experiment because I made up the composition of it as I went along.  It is probably based on somewhere in Wales, because of the mountains and sheep.  It turned out better than I expected and I did it entirely by brush and water colors.  It is approx 5 X 5 inches -- a little larger than I usually do.

.....the Unthinkable


Bailey has a pet door from the inside of the house into the garage to get to his kitti-litter.  It is usually available to him at all times.  But once in a while if we have to have the big garage door open, we have a door that slides in to cover his hole.  Today we had to let a delivery man into our garage, so we put the cat door in its slot "just for a minute", because Bailey is an indoor cat.  (We have coyotes looking for an easy meal not far away).  That was at 2:15 p.m.  It was 8:15 this evening that we remembered!!!  Oh no!!! Panic.  He must have gone somewhere in all that time!  Because Bailey is a very polite cat and rarely demands anything, we were definitely worried.  He could have just as quietly gone away and thought, "Oh, they don't want me in there any more," and performed elsewhere of his choosing.  However, we have scoured and sniffed every nook and cranny in the house -- almost -- and found nothing.  So we are keeping our fingers crossed that Bailey kept his paws crossed!  The really scary thought is that this might be all it takes to make this cat change his kitti-litter habits.  He is so unpredictable as to what he wants to do, where and when.  Never had a cat quite like this one before.

12 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Watch where you step too! Mind you the deposits of a large german shepherd are a tad more worrying eh?

Dxx

Gillian Mowbray said...

LOL at Bailey. I wish I could 'hang on' for as long as that!
Your artwork is a tour de force. Doing something from the imagination is very hard, so well done you. This definitely has the look of Wales about it. Almost the view from my window - have you been peeping?

Unknown said...

Perhaps he couldnt find just the right spot to go without you finding his hidden treasures.

Your watercoloring is great work

kaybee said...

Well, considering which bedroom I sleep in when I come to visit, I sure hope you find that 'treasure' before I get there!

LOVE the sheep in the valley!

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved - I thought maybe he had gotten out and not come home! This is a much 'better problem'!!!

Carmen said...

Really like the watercolor painting! Beautiful! Poor kitty...she probably held it in the whole time. We can hope anyway...

Morning's Minion said...

I've seen our cats "hold it" for a long time when there are people visiting and they don't want to be seen. I've also known them to eat and have to rush at the litter box.
I like your painting. Our g-daughter works in a store which sells books, among other things--she brought home two journal type books by a local artist--water colors and notes to go with them. Your work is every bit as nice as his!

Cherdecor said...

I like your sheep in the valley picture. I LOVE sheep and I like this picture.

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a lovely time.

Poor Bailey!

Jose said...

He just knows you too well. But next time he may leave you a warning. lol

Anonymous said...

Amazing discovery for someone.

Rune Eide said...

If it hadn't been for the housing, I would have said that the painting depicted Norway :-)

I hope Bailey finds the way home again.

Wanda said...

Love your artwork...the valley and sheep wonderful, and your little furry friend on the fence, adorabel.

Thanks for sharing your Christmas card and message..

Wanda