Sunday, December 6, 2009

POOR BAILEY


To those of you who have expressed concern, ( I commented on a couple of blogs that Bailey was not doing well), thank you so much, I do appreciate your comments.  When we picked him up Thursday from the kennels (a very good one I might add), we noticed that Bailey had a cough. By Saturday he was having trouble breathing.  We took him to the vet today and sure enough he has quite a bad upper respiratory infection.  So it's antibiotic pill-pushing for ten days, and sessions in the bathroom with a vaporizer going.  I crushed up his pills very finely, mixed them with a fair amount of food, (fortunately he has not lost his appetite, though for a while there we were concerned because he wouldn't eat because he couldn't breathe), then dribbled some tuna juice (water, not oil) over his food and -- presto, he ate it all!  This is a cat who has always turned up his nose at any people food, so I was very happy to see this.  Now we shall see how long I can fool him with the tuna juice.  I think he will perk up quite nicely with all the TLC.

*******

MY LATEST ATC'S

TIGER LILY

GULF FRITILLARY BUTTERFLY


HEERMAN'S GULLS, CARLSBAD


SILHOUETTE


PLUMERIA


ROWDY RAVEN 

Please respect my copyright on these paintings (31/2 x 21/2")
They are original water colors and Prisma Colors based on my original photos.
Thank you

10 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry to hear that Bailey isnt feeling so well, my cat lucy had an upper resptory infection 8 months ago, I have no idea where she may of caught that from, may of been from another cat that I sometimes take care of. Anyways she had recovered very well, and she too had the pleasures at gobbling up some of the tuna fish water on her food that the vet had ordered.

Love all of your minature art, so very detailed for sure...my two favorites are the birds, esepcially the Sea Gulls. Great work and glad to see your back.

Gillian Mowbray said...

I'm glad that Bailey seems to be responding to your TLC. Cats hate being away from home, don't they, and maybe that's when they're more vulnerable to infection.
Pretty ATCs, Chris. They'd look lovely in between your vacation photos in an album, if you don't swap or sell them. x

Clippy Mat said...

Hi Chris:
thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments. I am in awe of your artwork. It's beautiful. I don't know what ATC stands for tho'.
Sorry about your cat. Hope he recovers soon.
:-)

Anonymous said...

great pictures - again - but I am sorry to hear that Bailey isn't 100% and trust he will continue to accept your treatment and realise it is for his own good.......

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh the tuna trick eh I hear Ella our puss hiss down the stairs! Hmmm She susses it out! Afraid it's crushed into raw/cooked liver for madam!

claude said...

Poor Bailey. I hope the best for him.
Very beautiful paintings, Chris. You are very very talented.
Take care of Bailey.

Jose said...

Bailey is a trooper, he'll be good in no time. Beautiful paintings, I too love the birds specially that last one, so much detail.

Patty said...

Glad you got him some help and he's on the way to recovery. I can only imagine getting the pills into him.

ukkiwi said...

Hi Chris,
Thank you for sommenting on my blog with the photo's of Flamborough, I couldn't find your email address so thought I would leave a comment with mine, then you can reply and I will let you know where we are.
hargreavesfamily@live.com.

I would love to hear from you, I also used to live in California lol, we lived in Anaheim and Buena Park, I went to Anaheim high school lol, small world.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Nicky

sandy said...

ahh love the art but especially Rowdy Raven.