Tuesday, December 6, 2016

VICTORY FOR VAN !


This is a picture of my dear friend VAN.  I have chosen her for this post not just for her name but also for her VICTORY.  This photo was taken in June this year at my husband's 80th birthday celebration. Five months later, Van was gone.  And here is the Victory part.  

She knew she was dying (she was in her nineties) and when she was put into hospice care I went in to see her.  She was sitting up in bed all ready to see me.  I gave her a hug and she said to me in typical 'Van' fashion, with her wry humor and in a dry raspy voice,

 "So this is what they call the end". Typical Van!! 

I laughed and said, "No, Van, this is the beginning!!"  She knew what I meant.  She was more than ready to go because she knew where she was going.  In fact she had expressed several times in the weeks before that she wished the Lord would take her because then she wouldn't have to deal with the aggravations in her life. That day I visited her, she was actually rejoicing.  Her sins were forgiven, she loved the Lord and there were only good things on the other side.

Two weeks later I sat with her beside her bed and held her hand.  I talked to her softly but she didn't answer.  I didn't expect her to, but I knew she could hear me.  They say that hearing is the last to go.  The next day I was just getting ready to go to see her again when I got the phone call that she had passed into the Lord's presence.

O Death where is your sting?
O Grave where is your victory?
......
Thanks be to GOD who gives us the VICTORY through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:55


Grateful acknowledgements to ABC Wednesday workers and Denise Nesbitt and Roger Green.
flamblogger.blogspot.com

11 comments:

photowannabe said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your friend.
Being confident of what lies ahead...The certainty of Beginnings.

Kay G. said...

What a beautiful photo of your friend, there is great joy in her face.
Thank you for sharing this with us.

MelodyK said...

how adorable this tribute to your friend.

Although she wished for that journey it still is sad also. Its part of daily life but a struggle to which we have to come to terms with.

Memories make that loved ones never really die.

Have a nice ABC-day / – Week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/a-b-c-wednesday-19-v/

Trubes said...

God bless Van for her total and VENERABLE
faith.
She looks so well but then, she was preparing
for a journey to a place where she believed
she will be free from allthe aggravations in
her life,
RIP Van;
best wishes,
Di.
ABCW team.

Leslie: said...

I have a lump in my throat and tears filling my eyes, not only in sadness for your loss, but in joy at her new life. Some day we will all meet in that most holy place and will hug each other and hold each other's hands for eternity. God Bless you for your true friendship with Van, whom I know you will miss terribly.

Leslie
abcw team

kaybee said...

A beautiful, courageous lady! I am so glad I can say I knew her - and will be seeing her again, one day!

Roger Owen Green said...

VERY inspiring woman.

ROG, ABCW

snafu said...

No matter what, you still miss them when they have gone.

jabblog said...

What an uplifting post and what a lovely, smiling friend you had.

Honest Abe Lincoln said...

It was impressive. We (me at least) are all approaching the end times and while I am not looking forward to it, I can see no reason not to call this life a victory for me and for a lot of other people. I will be 84 this coming October and my wife and I have been living together for 63 years. She will be 82. Little did we think that we would reach these end times but here we are.

Edi said...

Situs penyedia info agen, promo dan permainan terpercaya dan terbaik yang ada di indonesia.

infopendek
infojitu
cheatpasti
situspanas