Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Q IS FOR...


Are you ready for this ?
All the answers begin with Q

1.  Name one of the 6 actors in "A Midsummer Night's Dream."  (Hint:  It is also the name of a fruit).

2. The general name for any four footed animals.

3. An intended prey or victim being hunted.

4.  If you have an extremely contagious disease, you may have to be ................

5.  A hard rock-like mineral that comes in several colors. 

6.  A ship coming into port will often dock at one of these.

7.  A province in Canada where French is widely spoken.

8.  Another name for mercury because of its fluid motion and attractive color.

9. A medicine that was commonly given to treat malaria.

10.  A traitor who collaborates with an occupying enemy country.

BONUS:  A tropical American bird, (think - around the Amazon) the male of which has long green tail feathers.

***********

ANSWERS:
1.  Quince                                              6.  Quay
2.  Quadruped                                        7.  Quebec
3.  Quarry                                              8.  Quicksilver
4.  Quarantined                                      9.  Quinine     
5.  Quartzite                                         10.  Quisling

BONUS:  ( I thought this one was hard.)  A Quetzal.



What do you think?  Was this too hard?  It's easy to make up questions when you know the answers.

This is my contribution to ABC Wednesday, that most popular and successful meme started by Mrs. Nesbitt and so ably continued by Roger Owen Green.  Please click HERE to see what others have submitted for their ideas for the letter 'Q'.


17 comments:

Kay G. said...

I knew 8 of the 10 and I should have know the bonus one, but couldn't think of it off the top of my head.
That was fun.
Do another one...quickly! HA!

Ann said...

Fun quiz, I think I got 7 but not the bonus. Your header is so beautiful--spring is wonderful.
Ann

Ann said...

Fun quiz, I think I got 7 but not the bonus. Your header is so beautiful--spring is wonderful.
Ann

Morning's Minion said...

That was entertaining! I was a bit unsure of the first one--made a good guess, then the other answers came quickly to mind. The bonus question with the exotic bird was the real puzzler. A good word for Scrabble players to remember.

snafu said...

Good quiz, you got me with the last one, all I could think of was the Aztec god, Quetzaalcoaitl. I think the names must be derivative, because Quetzaalcoaitl was known as a feathered serpant.

Reader Wil said...

It was fun to do this quiz and I knew seven of them.
I invite yoy to do my quiz! We seem often to have the same idea!
Wil, ABCW Team

Murthy K v v s said...

Wonderful post.

Roger Owen Green said...

I missed the first one! But got the rest.

ROG, ABCW

Unknown said...

Nice of you to put in the answers as wel ;-)

Unknown said...

Nice of you to put in the answers as wel ;-)

Amy Barlow Liberatore/Sharp Little Pencil said...

Wow, thanks for listing the answers, or I would have been on the computer all day to find quetzal! This was fun. We had a quince bush at my childhood home, and it had the prettiest blossoms. Thanks so much for this! Amy

kaybee said...

This is the Quintessential, Quick Quiz...Quite Quaint!
Well done, Chris,

Anita (Rosy) said...

I was able to guess 3 the most, love your Q post. "Your Scruffy sure looks handsome"

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

my church has a quiz night, I am not joining, because my general knowledge is very poor.

Anonymous said...

Yes, It is fun to have a quiz and get those mental juices going.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I knew most of them which surprised me!! Good quiz.

Black Jack's Carol said...

Wonderful quiz, Chris, and great fun. I missed numbers 8 (should have had it), 10 and the bonus. I have a "Q" post waiting in drafts. Way too late now, but may publish it without linking up. I am thinking of your health. Drop me a note, if you can, before you go into the hospital. I will be thinking of you for sure!