Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Anniversary Overflow

Out of about 20 shots this was the best we could do! Our problem is that we are a family of photographers (3rd generation actually) and none of us like how we look on camera when we smile! So this is the best photo you will get when we are all together!

This was taken at the Sheraton in Carlsbad. It was a family dinner. The big celebration was our trip to Norway in June.

We all had dessert after the dinner, though we certainly didn't need it! This was our dessert from the hotel. A large chocolate chip cookie and ice cream.



More cards came after this shot was taken. The scene in the front is of Bridlington, Yorkshire at sunset, from our best man of 50 years ago, (whose birthday was actually the same day.) They know my passion for Yorkshire. Flamborough is only 5 miles away from this shot. So we got an unusual Anniversary card from them, by design.


The night before the dinner last week

DEJA VU



Thanksgiving in Kauai last year!


******

WEDNESDAY'S WORDS
Therefore to him that knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. James 4:17

I was about 15 years old when I memorized this Bible verse. It was one of the first that I ever memorized, (that's because it is relatively short and I was looking for a short verse!) Even so, it impressed me because I thought I did try to do good things. But this verse puts a different perspective on that idea. Eventually I learned from the Bible that even though the Lord wants me to do good, it is not the good things that I do that will earn my way into heaven. I could do all the good things every day of my life, but only by asking God for forgiveness for being a sinner would I find my way to heaven.


6 comments:

sandy said...

Happy Anniversary. I know what you mean about pics of oneself, liking them, however, you all look marvelous and I enjoyed seeing them. Your guys are handsome.

kaybee said...

I am pleased for you that so many people remembered your anniversary! Love the painting on the wall behind you all!

The 'boys' look great, but some things never change, do they --they just change names: messaging...texting... twittering...

Cherdecor said...

That is a GREAT family picture and you all look so wonderful. I know that you and your husband are so proud of those guys.

I always thought that we had to accept the blood of Christ as payment for our sin in order to be saved. Is that right?

ChrisJ said...

The painting on the wall behind us is the view from Carlsbad looking toward La Jolla. In the very far distance on the horizon is San Diego.

P.S. If any one else has a question like Cheryl's, please e-mail me and I will send you my reply to her. I promise not to bug you, 'evangelize' you or be obnoxious. My Wednesday Words is just meant to share with you, my blogging friends, some things I have learned in my 50 years as a pastor's wife.

If you want a sermon, go to chrisscomments.blogspot.com :):)

Jose said...

Yeah, this new generation lives with their phones glued to their hands. Me, I can't stand them.

Chris, tomorrow is Sylvia's and my 28th Wedding Anniversary, only 22 more years to catch up to you guys. I am glad you guys had such a great time.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Looks like all had a bite to eat and a good time playing cards.