Sunday, December 11, 2011

A WEEK ALREADY!

I can't say that our visit to Kauai is just a memory, but it has been a busy week.  Unfortunately there are only two 'convenient' ways from Kauai to San Diego.  One is to take the 'red eye', or the other to stop overnight at Honolulu and get the early morning flight the next day.  Unfortunately if you choose to do the latter, it means getting up at 4:00 a.m. So I'm not sure which is worse.  We were pretty tired when we finally got home at 6:00 p.m. on Monday.  Then comes the huge pile of mail, the grocery shopping, the phone messages etc.  Then we got our new computer and printer to figure out on Thursday. Not complaining, just explaining why I have not blogged this week.  Even missed ABC Wednesday!

Here's where we hung out:
Mostly on the balcony. (Can you see the chocolate cookie?)

...and at the pool.  Yes that's me trying to keep afloat with my noodle.
I was actually very thankful for that noodle.  Some other guests left it for me.  First of all I can't swim and now I have vertigo, so I thought I would not be able to get in the pool this year, but with the noodle I felt very safe.

Our condo is in full view of the sleeping giant, down by the coconut grove.

Not far away are the Opaeka'a Falls. At the end of this road is the arboretum which is presided over by...
                and his harem. In the background is the ford where the river goes over the road...

The river was not very full on this day, but you never know when there will be a flash flood from the rain back up in the mountains.  If you want to go up to the arboretum you have to cross this and since we're always driving a rental, we have never crossed it.

But it's still really nice over on this side.  We often go up here, park the car and read -- and close the car windows when the showers come.  I love to hear the rain on the car roof.  It doesn't stay long -- just a quick shower most of the time.

One more post after this with the rest of the best in Kauai.

9 comments:

snafu said...

I can quite understand why you go back every year, it looks wonderful.
Way back when you lived in Yorkshire, if someone had told you that you would be installing a new computer and printer in your home you would have called for the medic.

Anonymous said...

So pretty! HI is one place I've never been and can't foresee ever going to so I'm glad to see it through the photos of others.

Jane and Chris said...

Oh, it looks so beautiful, peaceful, and lush.
Jane x

kaybee said...

It's such a gorgeous place, Chris! I can understand you being tired, but to my recollection, it's the first ever time that you missed posting for ABC Wednesday? I am sure you were missed.

And yes, I am quite proud of my sister and her computer skills!

Wanda said...

I'm just sitting here loving every picture and wishing I could transport myself into them.

Especially the pool...how fun to float around the pool chatting face to face....

Glad you are back home and safe. I missed ABC Wed too, as Don and I have been down with nasty colds this week.


Sending love and hugs.

jennyfreckles said...

Hi Chris - lovely to see your comment on my blog. Another Yorkshire lass exploring the big wide world... I was just thinking, reading your posts, that two weeks in Kauai would do me well right now!

photowannabe said...

Welcome back. Sometimes it takes a while to rest up from your vacation. Your condo looks like a great place to unwind.
Take it easy. You were missed. thanks for letting us see where you were too.

Elizabeth said...

Looks absolutely beautiful. x

jabblog said...

What a beautiful place. No wonder you keep returning.