Monday, September 10, 2007

Fishermen and Donkey at North Landing, Flamborough

This is based on three photographs I have, the main one in black and white. I couldn't get the right color for the donkey, it should be more greyish, but I couldn't get it to come through on the scanner.

This is how the fishermen brought the fish up to the top of the cliffs in about the 1920's. They were still doing it this way when I was a child in the 1940's. The original is approximately 8 and 1/2 by 11inches. Just brings back nostalgic memories for me, even after all this time.


















This drawing was kind of an experiment for me. I used watercolors and Prisma color pencils. The colors did not come out as well as I would have liked, so I had to play with digitalizing it, so this isn't quite an exact replica. The original is OK but the pencil colors didn't scan well. On the ATC's I can overlay heavily but a drawing sometimes
needs a more delicate touch in places.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

This is excellent Chris! I love the movement and feel of it. The boat in the foreground, the cabin in the back, really brings your figures out!! Nice job!

mrsnesbitt said...

I agree with wanda, it is indeed excellent!

We have been to Whitby and Scarborough today so will be posting some pics later!

Dxx