Tuesday, January 19, 2010

RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS...

A is for Aggravation!!!
 Here it is 11: 30 at night.  My blog all completed and Words for Wednesdays finished and blogspot would neither save nor post!!  So I decided to wait a while and then I go back only to find half the post is missing and unsaved.  So I start again.  And that's aggravation!  So I guess I will join Mrs. Nesbitt's alphabet posting, with A is for aggravation.


Denise, will you please let me know how I link up to your other players? I don't know what "Mr. Linky"  is, but I do know how to link from my post. But where do I link to?



Look at that rain!    I think, this is only the second rainstorm since last April.
The rain is gushing out of the downspout (center of photo) outside the patio window which is designed to keep the water away from the house.  It certainly came down hard.  That was yesterday, we had a similar downpour today and we were out in it going for doctor and dentist appointments.  We even had tornado warnings.  Not much traffic on the roads thank goodness.  The weather man has been warning us all weekend. As I sat in my doctor's office I could see the trees being swirled around and I thought, (having lived in Minnesota for five years), "that looks like tornado winds." A worse rainstorm  is supposed to come tomorrow and Thursday.  Fortunately we don't have to go out in it.  I realize that you who live elsewhere think we Southern Californians make a big fuss about a little bit of weather.  Problem is, we have a lot of oil on the roads from so many dry months, and that makes for conditions like icy roads.  In addition, we have many hills, river valleys, gullies and washes that soon fill up and sweep their way down to the ocean.



Meanwhile, here we are all safe and warm trying our hand at water color painting.  This is Kay's first time at painting, never mind water colors.  I haven't had much experience in proper water-color style either.
We found a picture of three horses heads that we liked and tried to copy it.  Not sure if we will show you the results yet! We will leave the table all set up for painting so that we can do some more tomorrow evening and Thursday.
  
WEDNESDAY'S WORDS
"The sun shines on the good and on the evil and the rain falls on the just and the unjust"   Matthew 5:45
     If good things happened only to Christians, then everyone would want to be a Christian.  But for the wrong reason. If your children only love you to get things from you, you would not think much of their love.  But we have One who loves us  -- the One who is the Great Creator and who is the Perfect Sacrifice.  We were born with sin in our souls, but God will forgive us for that sin if we ask Him, and eventually it will be removed forever.
    That's why bad things happen to good people and conversely, good things happen to bad people.  Never mind what we deserve, if we sincerely ask for our sins to be forgiven we will be forgiven. In the mean time we live in a mixed up world where evil is called good and good is called evil. Yet
there is the same opportunity for putting things right for all of us.  No-one is better than any one else. We only have to ask Him sincerely.  He hears us!



12 comments:

claude said...

A bad weather to stay at home for painting.

Gillian Mowbray said...

That looks such a cosy set-up for the painting session, Chris - I wanna come and play too!

Yep - you're right - you're a lot of softies over there having to put up with actual rain! ^_~

Jose said...

Well the rain finally came to visit but I am sure not with the same force you guys have been getting them. Never the less I love it. No leaky roofs and I'm driving the van so no missing window. Bring it on! lol

I love to read your Wednesday words section.

kaybee said...

I am not sure if I want the results of MY first attempt at watercolour painting to be posted, but it sure was fun and I learned a lot - I have a good teacher!

The rains certainly did fall yesterday, but I thought Californians handled it very well, at least around here, anyway!

Now we are hunkering down for the 'big one' that they say is coming.

sandy said...

I've had the same problem posting through blogger. I had to post a different way than usual. I had wrote out a really long post (for me, I'm a girl of few words normally, ha)...and it wouldn't post and I couldn't save it. I finally gave up and didn't post through picasa/blogger.

The rain is coming down harder now. I knew it would be here around this time and should be a lot heavier by later this afternoon. Luckily we haven't gotten the winds here just the rain and cold. Hoping we are still fortunate later when the storm comes in strong.

Patty said...

Wish I was closer, have always wanted to learn to watercolor. Thanks for your visit.

Yes "A for aggravation" being what you went through describes it to the letter. Computers are very nice when everything works A-OK, but a real pain when they don't. Have a good week-end, which is just around the corner.

Wanda said...

Chris ~~ Sorry you had to go through the aggravation, but it sure gave you a great beginning for ABC Wednesday ~~ I joined in this round too. I think it's going to be really fun.

Your table is so inviting..would I ever love to pull of a chair and paint and visit with you and your sister. We would have so many things to talk about.

I'm putting the background on my Ballerina, and already having some difficulty, but I think I can work it out.

I tried to get a picture of the rain but it didn't turn out like yours. That's just how it looked here.

Roger Owen Green said...

I've had the same problem with Blogger. I have a backup WordPress blog, but what I've done before using that is to cut and e-mail my work to myself in hope that Blogger resolves itself.

Seems that you've figured out the Linky thing; if you have more problems, e-mail me at rogerogreen@gmail.com

As newly part of the ABC Wednesday team, I want to thank you for participating!

mrsnesbitt said...

Chris, I will e-mail you! Great to have you aboard! Dxx

Cherdecor said...

It looks like you girls are having the time of your life! I thought of you yesterday when I heard about all the tornado warnings in CA. Stay safe!

Rune Eide said...

I have had no problems with Blogger (lately!!!), but can also be of assistance if you need more help.

I envy you your skill with pencil and brush - it aggravates me that I need a ruler to draw :-)

Unknown said...

We had a little twister to hit a trailer park out in Flinn Springs in the back county of San Diego a couple of days ago.

The other problem is that many people do not know is people in Southern California do not have basements or other types of storm shelters to run and hide in during tornados warnings.

You still having rain yet?